- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 stalk lemongrass, cut into 3-inch pieces and crushed with the back of a cleaver
- 1 1-inch piece ginger root or galangal, crushed with the back of a cleaver
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 red chili peppers
- juice of one lime
- fresh cilantro sprigs, for garnish
Prep Time: 15 mins | Ready In: 30 min | Servings: 4
- Combine the coconut milk, chicken broth, lemongrass and ginger in a large pot.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring frequently or the coconut milk will curdle, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add sliced chicken, fish sauce and chili peppers, bring to a boil, then simmer until chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Add lime juice, stir well and serve garnished with cilantro sprigs.
470 Calories | 23g Total Fat | 15g Saturated Fat | 145mg Cholesterol | 1030mg Sodium | 1410mg Potassium | 17g Carbohydrate | 2g Dietary Fiber | 3g Sugars | 54g Protein
Recipe Source: Yummly/Food Republic