- 1/3 cup light cream cheese, softened
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 8 slices whole grain sandwich bread
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup low fat granola
- 2 teaspoons sunflower kernels, salted and roasted
- nonstick cooking spray
- honey (optional)
Prep Time: 20 mins | Ready In: 5 mins | Servings: 4
- In a small bowl, stir together cream cheese and the 4 teaspoons honey.
- Spread one side of the bread slices with cream cheese mixture.
- Top four of the bread slices with strawberries, granola and sunflower kernels.
- Top with the remaining four bread slices, spread sides down.
- Coat a waffle maker with cooking spray; heat according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Cook sandwiches, one at a time, in waffle baker about 2 minutes or until golden.
- When done, use a fork to lift sandwich off grid.
- Cut sandwiches into halves or quarters.
- If desired, serve with additional honey.
220 Calories | 1g Total Fat | 1g Saturated Fat | 0mg Cholesterol | 360mg Sodium |170mg Potassium | 45g Carbohydrate | 3g Dietary Fiber | 16g Sugars | 5g Protein
Recipe Source: Yummly/Food Republic