- 1 (3 pound) spaghetti squash
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ large onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can Low-Sodium White Beans, rinsed
- 4 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces crushed tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pierce squash all around with a knife or fork to release steam. Microwave on high for 5 minutes, turn squash over and microwave for additional 5 minutes. You may need more or less time depending on the size of your squash.
- Remove from microwave, cut end with stem. Cut down the middle lengthwise, open squash and remove seeds. Remove strands of squash with a fork .
- Meanwhile, make your sauce. Sauté onions & pepper until soft, add beans, tomatoes, season with salt & pepper.
- Toss spaghetti squash and sprinkle with parmesan cheese if desired.
Bean Sauce Topping: In a small saucepan heat ½ cup crushed tomatoes with white cannellini beans, season with Italian herbs, salt and pepper.