- 12 oz. Quality Brand Chocolate Chips
- 12 oz. White Chocolate Chips
- 2 Tablespoons Shortening
- 1 Pound Fresh Large Strawberries, with leaves
- Variety of dipping favorites: Shredded Coconut, Crushed Almonds, Candy Sprinkles
- 1 Package of Lollipop Sticks
Prep Time: 15 mins | Ready In: 30 mins | Servings: 10-15
- Wash all of the strawberries and dry on paper towels. Insert a lollipop stick through the bottom of each strawberry. Set aside until ready to dip.
- In a microwave safe dish, pour 12 oz. chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon of shortening. Microwave for 1 to 1½ minutes. Remove and stir. If the chocolate hasn’t melted completely, return to microwave and repeat, stirring every 30 seconds to avoid scorching. The chocolate is ready for dipping when the consistency is smooth with no lumps. Repeat the same directions with white chocolate.
- Before dipping the strawberries, make sure they are completely dry or else the chocolate will not adhere. Once dry, dip them in the chocolate and sprinkle your favorite candy sprinkles, shredded coconut or crushed almonds. Set on wax paper or stick in a piece of Styrofoam to stand and let dry.