- 2 large artichokes, top quarter and stems sliced off
- 3 ounces brie, rind removed and cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan, plus more for the top
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons finely sliced almonds, crushed into coarse crumbs with a rolling pin
Prep Time: 10 mins | Ready In: 30 mins | Servings: 2
- In a large pot of salted water, boil the artichokes for 10 minutes. Take them out of the water and let them drain well, upside down, in a colander.
- Put the brie in a small pot with the cream and let it melt on a low flame while constantly stirring.
- When the mix is smooth, turn off the heat and, while stirring, add the yolk, the grated parmesan, the thyme and the crushed almonds.
- Preheat the broiler to low and position the rack close to the bottom of the oven.
- Fill the artichokes with the mix (it should cover the tops as well), sprinkle them with some more grated parmesan and almonds and place them standing head up in an oiled casserole dish.
- Put under the broiler and let them cook for about 10 minutes, checking often, or until the cheese turns into a golden crust.
510 Calories | 42g Total Fat | 24g Saturated Fat | 240mg Cholesterol | 570mg Sodium | 650mg Potassium | 18g Carbohydrate | 7g Dietary Fiber | 2g Sugars | 20g Protein
Recipe Source: Yummly/Food Republic