By: Jacqueline Gomes, MBA, RDN
August – the days of summer when you feel like you can fry an egg on the pavement! You know you have to eat, but the last thing you want to do is fire up the stove for another heat wave.
Here are some ideas to limit the stove top!
- Canned Tuna, tofu, store prepared rotisserie chicken, steamed shrimp, nuts, seeds, hard boiled eggs, canned beans, cheese and yogurt.
- Eggs are a versatile food that can go from deviled eggs to a potato omelet in minutes!
- Create a variety of salads and sandwiches. Raw veggies add crunch while whole grain breads add a feeling of heartiness – Enjoy!
Savory Waffles with Arugula & Egg
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 5 minutes
Makes: 2 Servings
- 4 Belgian style waffles
- 2 Large Eggland’s Best Eggs
- 2 handfuls Arugula
- 1 tablespoon store bought pesto
- Toast waffles according to package directions. In a large bowl, toss arugula with pesto and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook egg over soft or to your likely.
- Assemble two waffles, a handful of arugula, and top with egg and drizzle of extra pesto if desired. Serve immediately.
Recipe: Jacqueline Gomes, RDN