By: Jacqueline Gomes, MBA, RDN
May 10th, 2019
We all know her…she works a full time job, gets two or three kids up in the morning for school, prepares breakfast, lunch & dinner, drives to and from school events and the list goes on and on – her name is “mom”. Let’s take care of this special woman in your life by pampering her on her special day.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- With a power blend of navy, lentil, and garbanzo beans Power O’s cereal will give your mom the power boost she needs to be “super-mom” all day long.
- No time for breakfast? Dinner will work great too – roasted chicken with vegetables, pasta primavera or baked fish are easy and delicious choices.
- Take care of her chores for the day.
- Give her some much-needed quiet time.
- Spa experience, send her to her favorite spa for a massage, manicure and/or pedicure.
- Flowers – don’t go empty handed! Stop in one of our stores for a beautiful arrangement.
- Homemade gifts such as beaded bracelets, pottery or a painting are gifts the kids can have fun making for mom.
Super Oats Pancakes
Prep: 10 minutes
Makes: 1 Servings
- 1 Love Grown Super Oats Packet (any variety)
- 1 egg
- Coconut or canola oil (for the pan)
- toppings of choice such as fresh blueberries, strawberries or bananas
- In a bowl mix together the egg and Super Oats Packet.
- Heat a lightly greased frying pan over medium heat.
- Pour in batter, making one large pancake or two smaller pancakes.
- Brown on both sides.
- Serve hot with toppings and enjoy.
Recipe source: Love Grown