Starting your day with breakfast means a more alert brain and a more active body! After a 10 to 12 hour fast our bodies need the fuel to maintain vital functions and our brains need the fuel to think clearly. Here are eight more reasons to start your day with breakfast!
- Studies show that people who eat breakfast are more successful at losing weight and sticking to a diet.
- Athletes who skip breakfast train less effectively.
- Eating breakfast can raise metabolism by as much as 10 percent.
- Adults who skip breakfast are less mentally and physically efficient for longer periods of during the day.
- It is extremely difficult to get all of your necessary daily nutrients without breakfast.
- Eating breakfast has been shown to increase concentration
- Eating a bigger meal in the morning and a smaller meal at night optimizes your daily energy levels.
- Breakfast restores sugar levels after up to 12 hours of not eating.
Stuck in rut? Check out my easy and delicious breakfast favorites!
High Energy Peanut Butter Oats:
Cook oats according to package directions, however instead of water use low fat milk for your liquid, once cooked stir in one tablespoon natural peanut butter and two tablespoons golden raises.
Bacon, Egg & Cheese Sandwich
Prepare one whole egg over well in a skillet (top with one slice of cheese one minute before cooked) , meanwhile cook 2 slices turkey bacon and toast two slices whole wheat bread or whole wheat English Muffin.
Crunchy Waffles & Yogurt
Toast two whole grain waffles, top each with 1/4 cup Greek yogurt of your choices and sprinkle with two tablespoons chopped peanuts and 1/4 cup blueberries
Easy Veggie Omelet
Toss last night’s leftover veggies with 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites. Cook in skillet over low-medium heat until cooked through. Enjoy with whole grain toast.
Go Nuts Chocolate Banana Smoothie!
- 1 scoop chocolate whey protein powder
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1 tablespoon nut butter of choice
- 1 cup unsweetened Almond milk
- 1/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
Blend all ingredients until smooth. Pour into a tall travel mug and enjoy!