By: Jacqueline Gomes, RDN, MBA
This summer may feel unlike any other, as we slowly come out of quarantine we have the sense that we just want to feel “normal” again. Let’s start by sweetening up our summer with lighter sweats treats the whole family can enjoy! Here are some ideas:
- Whole grain waffle topped w/ low fat frozen yogurt & blueberries
- Score a cut mango across flesh; broil until lightly charred. Sprinkle w/ cinnamon.
- “Cheesecake Graham Cracker Sandwiches;” Spread cream cheese, fresh raspberries & lemon zest between two graham crackers squares.
- Cool whip is a fun & tasty way to lighten up desserts without sacrificing flavor. Check out this cool and delicious Lime Chiffon pie at only 140 cal/serving!
Lime Chiffon Pie
Ramp up the flavor zing in this Lime Chiffon Pie with lime juice and freshly grated zest. This super-fluffy citrus crowd-pleasing Lime Chiffon Pie can even fit your healthy eating plan.
Prep: 15 minutes
Total time: 4 hours 30 min.
Makes: 8 Servings
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 1 pkg. JELLO-O Lime Flavor sugar free gelatin
- Ice cubes
- ½ cup cold water
- 2 cups thawed COOL WHIP FREE whipped topping
- 1 ½ tsp lime zest
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 ready to use reduced fat graham cracker crumb crust (6 oz)
- Add boiling water to gelatin mix in large bowl; stir 2 min. until completely dissolved. Add enough ice to cold water to make 1 cup. Add to gelatin; stir until ice is melted.
- Whisk in COOL WHIP, zest and juice. Refrigerate 15 min. or until mixture is thick enough to mound. Spoon into crust.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.
Nutrition information for 1/8 of pie:
140 calories; 4.5g fat; 22g carbohydrate; 2g protein; 140mg sodium; 0g fiber
Recipe source: KraftHeinz®