By: Jacqueline Gomes, RDN, MBA
Finally, grilling season is here! Start off the season right with these simple grilling tips that will have you headed in the right direction to a mess-free and tasty get-together!
What better way to kick off grilling season than to choose fresh, natural ingredients that make your dishes stand out! Grilling is a versatile, fun and healthy cooking method.
- Lean protein, such as lean beef and poultry, provide essential nutrients to fuel activity and are delicious on the grill.
- Perdue skinless chicken breasts are a rich source of protein that just about everyone enjoys! Marinating meats for about 30 minutes will kick up the flavor and tenderness.
- Vegetarian? No problem, grill firm or extra firm tofu on a well-greased grill grate.
Grilled Rainbow Diced Chicken Kebabs
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 12 minutes
Makes: 4 Servings
- 1 ½ pounds Perdue Skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup soy sauce
- Assorted vegetables: Zucchini, red onion, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, bell peppers
- In a measuring cup, mix together the honey and soy sauce. Pour ½ cup over chicken breast and reserve the remaining ½ cup for basting. Marinate the chicken while you cut up the vegetables, at least 10 minutes or up to overnight.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium high heat. Drain marinade from the chicken and discard. Thread the chicken and vegetables onto the skewers in a colorful rainbow pattern.
- Lightly oil the grill grates or grill pan. Grill the skewers for 10 to 12 minutes, turning and basting often with the remaining ½ cup honey soy sauce. Grill until chicken is done and the vegetables are slightly charred. Chicken is done when a meat thermometer inserted in the center reaches 165°F.
Tip: Serve chicken kebabs over rice or couscous if desired.
Nutrition Information: 260 Calories; 12g Carbohydrate; 38g Protein; 1110mg Sodium; 1g Fiber