By: Jacqueline Gomes, RDN, MBA
January 4th, 2018
Happy New Year! Energy boosting foods are rich in protein and complex carbohydrate; I like to refer to them as “power foods”! The combination of these foods is digested slower so you can have fuel ready to go when you are!
5 Foods to choose for Energy:
1. Nuts and nut butters (peanut, almond butter)
2. Low Fat yogurt
3. Whole grains
4. Lean proteins like eggs, poultry and fish.
5. Fresh fruit “Nature’s candy” – apples, pears and bananas; travel friendly and delicious.
Revitalizing Berry Smoothie
• 6 ounce Low Fat Greek Yogurt, Vanilla
• ½ Cup unsweetened green tea
• 2 Cups frozen Foodtown Strawberries (no sugar added)
• Add yogurt, green tea and mixed berries into blender and blend until desired consistency is reached.
• Add more green tea if thinner consistency is desired.
• Pour into glass and serve cold
• Green tea contains polyphenols, which are compounds that have anti-inflammatory properties.
• Strawberries are “Carb Smart”, low in sugar and high in age-fighting anti-oxidants. – High in vitamin C which is needed for the production of collagen (gives skins its elasticity).